Monday, July 4, 2011

Wondering

I know it's Monday. I know it's the 4th of July. But I'm wondering why I'm so excited today.

I'm not a big picnic person. I hate mosquitoes. I don't even really like fireworks that much.

Don't get me wrong - I oooohh and aaaaahhh as much as the next person. But I don't have the deep need to be there, in person, to see it happen. I'm fine watching from a distance, in my yard, glass of wine in hand.


Flickr photo by cory.cousins
But I'm ready to go, wearing my red, white and blue. I even put on a layer of bug repellant that smells surprisingly nice. And I have my last bit of my favorite lip gloss ready to go - Red Velvet Cake. It's so hard to find, but I'm going to have to get another tube. I've squeezed this one to the last drop.

Stay safe - enjoy the fireworks - Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment